Thursday, October 9, 2014

Vector Watch

This is my first vector project where I was asked to create a piece that had to do with time.  The vector image can look anywhere from realistic to a more generalized look and the entire project had to be completed in Illustrator.

While starting the process to create my timepiece, I started with a bit of research and sketching.
The point of sketching was to get any ideas onto paper and do some thinking.  I chose to do my time piece as a watch.  In the sketches, I tried to figure out the shape of the face and to go digital or analog.

My first draft, I wanted to go with a Harry Potter theme with the deathly hallows, but the concept wasn't working the way I wanted it to and the color scheme wasn't going as well as I thought either.  I wanted to go with a more realistic look so I needed to make a few changes. . . more like a lot of changes.
After doing some more visual research and learning a few more tricks from my teacher and some fellow designers, I was able to change the look of my watch to a more realistic time piece with dimension and lighting details.


  This watch meets the project requirements in that it was completed in Illustrator and has been formed to look like a realistic watch.  It has lighting and blending modes that make it look this way and completes the project.  Mission accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment